Wednesday 5 August 2009

Keep your inbox under control while you're away

I know that getting ready to go on holiday is hard work especially when you work for yourself. Putting contingencies in place and making sure bills are set up to be paid by the bank. Setting up an automatic reply to e-mails and changing your answering machine message is standard, but why not look at those e-mails you get, do you really want to send auto replies to everyone?

Wary of coming back after three weeks away to an overloaded inbox I have made an effort today to switch off my e-mails from my networking sites both social and business and have also switched off my Skillfair alerts, I can easily look at the projects I have missed when I get back. It is easy to do just log in and go to my accounts and click on e-mail alerts and change the settings.

I've just added a reminder in my calendar to switch everything back on after the holiday!

No comments: